Philadelphia is a Student Youth Travel Association’s top trending student travel destination for a reason. Historically significant and brilliantly modern, it has endless attractions and activities for students to appreciate. A Philadelphia class trip is the way to go!
Take a self-guided stroll through the home of the symbol of American independence (the Liberty Bell), followed by a guided tour of Independence Hall. Visit the National Constitution Center or Congress Hall and stand where the foundation of America was laid. Tour Franklin Court or the Franklin Institute for a glimpse of scientific genius. The Museum of the American Revolution is an exciting new addition to Philadelphia’s treasures. The museum opened in April of 2017 and is dedicated to telling the story of the American Revolution. The centerpiece of the museum’s extensive collection is George Washington’s original headquarters tent. Truly awe-inspiring!
If your students like quirky, visit the Eastern State Penitentiary Historic site for a glimpse of Al Capone’s “luxurious” cell. Edgar Allen Poe had a Philly address as well. Plan a visit to the Edgar Allen Poe National Historic Site in the Spring Garden Neighborhood. Call ahead for this one, though; hours are limited. If the slightly macabre is more your students’ thing, stop at the Mütter Museum . It boasts a collection of medical oddities and implements guaranteed to make you glad you live in the 21st century. Yikes! Finally, no trip to Philadelphia is complete without a run (cue the music!) up the iconic steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art made famous in the movie “Rocky.” Then make your way to South Philly for a taste of the cheesy rivalry between two Philadelphia staples- Geno’s or Pat’s! Philadelphia is a historical hot spot and an exciting destination for students. Whether you’re planning a quick trip or an extended stay, your students won’t be disappointed by all there is to do.
Our itineraries are just a starting point for your adventure. We work directly with you to create a student trip that’s perfect for your group. If you want a unique performance or learning experience, we make it happen. Do you need to change days or add an attraction?
- Arrive in Philadelphia and meet your “full-scope” tour director
- National Constitution Center
- Liberty Bell
- Tour of Independence Hall, Carpenter’s Hall, Congress Hall, Supreme Court and Franklin Court
- Lunch at Campo’s Philly Cheesesteaks
- Museum of the American Revolution
- One Liberty Observation Deck
- Choice of a Spirit of Philadelphia DJ Dinner Cruise or dinner at Buca di Beppo
- Philadelphia Historical Independence Guided Walking Tour (Stops include Elfreth’s Alley, Betsy Ross House, Fireman’s Hall and Christ Church)
- Lunch at Philly’s Gourmet Café
- Franklin Institute and IMAX.
- Hard Rock Café
- Choose from a “spirited” Haunted Trolley Tour or spooky after-hours tour of Eastern State Penitentiary.
- Independence Seaport Museum
- USS Becuna
- USS Olympia Sightseeing Tour
- Tour an authentic Amish farm
- Authentic Amish dinner
- Depart for home
Contact For Full Itinerary
I have been traveling with Kaleidoscope for 19 years and still continue to be impressed by their expertise and willingness to go the extra mile to make my trip a success!
Our trip was a great success! Everything was well throughout and organized. I am very pleased with the level of care that went in to our trip becoming a success. Thank you!