The Global Bandroom International Concert Series with John Lynch
The Global Bandroom is going live! Join conductor John Lynch and our host Keith Kelly in Ireland 2022.
Join us on our maiden voyage exploring the culture, history, and warm camaraderie of beautiful Ireland centered around the Galway region! Brought to you by Kaleidoscope Adventures this will be the first ever annual event of its kind. Coming out of the global pandemic musicians are eager to travel together and make music with one another and for enthusiastic live audiences!
Day One| Saturday, June 25th
Arrive at Dublin International Airport
Depart from your airport of choice on your overnight flight to Ireland. (Not Included)
Day Two| Sunday, June 26th
Arrive at Dublin International Airport
Céad Míle Failte! One Hundred Thousand Welcomes! On arrival you’ll be met by a tour representative who will assist you and guide you to your bus transfer to Galway City.
Travel to Galway City
Arty, bohemian Galway (Gaillimh) is one of Ireland’s most engaging cities. Brightly painted pubs heave with live music, while restaurants and cafes offer front-row seats for observing buskers and street theatre. On arrival you will be guided to you hotel by a representative just in time for dinner.
We’ll all get to know each other tonight over a wonderful three-course dinner in your hotel. Tonight you’ll also meet your conductor John Lynch and host for this week, Keith Kelly.
Day Three | Monday, June 27th
Morning: Breakfast Included
Morning: Rehearsal in the Connacht Hotel
Musicians: Each morning our musician group will rehearse from 9:30am to 12:30pm (with a coffee break).
Friends and Family: Each morning will include touring and activities including trips to Spiddal, Cong, and Athenry.
Afternoon: Lunch Included
Afternoon: Day Trip to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren
Step on to the edge of the world and into an awe-inspiring view that dreams are made of – at the Cliffs of Moher you will encounter nature in its wildest, purest form – see the rugged cliffs facing the mighty ocean, taste the salt air, hear the birds cry, feel the ancient rocks beneath your feet and smell the Atlantic wind.
Visit Caherconnell Fort and Sheepdog Demonstrations
There’s much to do at Caherconnell from exploring the ancient Irish Ring Forst with it’s stone walls and pathways to experiencing the ancient art of sheepdog herding.
Day Four | Tuesday, June 28th
Morning: Rehearsal & Lunch
Musicians: Each morning our musician group will rehearse from 9:30am to 12:30pm (with a coffee break). Friends and Family: Each morning will include touring and activities including trips to Spiddal, Cong, and Athenry.
Afternoon: Tour Of Connemara
They say when you visit Connemara you “experience the real beauty of Ireland”. It’s located in the north-west corner of County Galway and is an area of desolate beauty, incredible scenery and some interesting attractions, which combine to make Connemara a really beautiful place and a place close to the hearts of Irish people and visitors alike.
Visit: Kylemore Abbey & Padraig Pearse Cottage
One of Ireland’s best-loved and most iconic tourist attractions. Visit the restored rooms of Kylemore Abbey and learn about its history of tragedy, romance, education, innovation and spirituality. Explore the 6 acre Victorian Walled Garden with its delightfully restored garden buildings. Discover woodland and lakeshore walks that will take you on a beautiful journey through our 1,000-acre estate.
Day Five | Wednesday, June 29th
Morning: Rehearsals and Lunch
Afternoon: Walk Tour and Free Day in Galway City
While it’s steeped in history, Galway City buzzes with a contemporary vibe, thanks in part to students, who make up a quarter of the population. Its energy and creativity have seen it designated the European Capital of Culture in 2020. Today we’ll take a walking tour that will take in Galway Cathedral, Eyre Square, the Spanish Arches, St. Nicholas Church and Shop Street.
Day Six | Thursday, June 30th
Visit Limerick City
Limerick straddles the tidal reaches of Ireland’s longest river, the Shannon, where it swings west to join the Shannon Estuary. Following the city’s tough past, as narrated in Frank McCourt’s Angela’s Ashes, its medieval and Georgian architecture received a glitzy makeover during the Celtic Tiger era. Limerick was chosen as the country’s first-ever Irish City of Culture in 2014, and the subsequent investment saw a rejuvenated waterfront complete with stylish boardwalk. There’s the recently renovated St. John’s Castle, a lively art gallery and a fast-developing foodie scene to complement its many traditional pubs, as well as locals who go out of their way to welcome you.
Evening: Gala Concert in Limerick City
The Grand Finale of our time together. The venue will be confirmed based on group size.
Day Seven | Friday, July 1st
Extension Tours and Connections Home
*Please note that the itinerary is subject to change.
- Flourish for Wind Band/Sea Songs-Ralph Vaughan Williams (England)
- A Wexford Rhapsody-Thomas Christopher Kelly (Ireland)
- Pendulum-Natalie Williams (Australia)
- Eternal Memoir-Tale of the Lucky Dragon-Hirokazu Kukushima (Japan)
- Blackwater-Fergal Carroll (Ireland)
- Home Away from Home-Cathy Likhuta (Australia)
- Elegy for a Friend-Vincent Kennedy (Ireland)
- Romeo and Juliet-Peter Ilyich Tschaikovsky/arr. Mark Hindsley (Russia)
- Blasket Dances, Op. 24-Matthew Taylor (Ireland)
Outdoor Pops Concert Repertoire:
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home-Patrick Gilmore
- Selections from Fiddler on the Roof-Jerry Bock/arr. Michael Buckley
- Finnegan’s Wake-Potter (with poem before)
- Hands Across the Sea-John Philip Sousa
- Viva Sullivan!-Arthur Sullivan/arr. Jim Coyle
- La Virgin de la Macarena- Traditional/arr. Calvin Kuster (with trumpet solo)
- Irish Tune from County Derry-Percy Grainger
- On the Mall-Edwin Franko Goldman
- Nessun Dorma from Turandot-Giacomo Puccini/arr. Jay Bocook (with tenor?)
- 22nd Regiment March-Patrick Gilmore
- E.T.-John Williams/arr. Chuck Sayre
Double Package: $1695 per person
Single Package: $2080 per person
- 5 nights hotel accommodation based on sharing twin/double rooms.
- Full buffet breakfast served daily
- Dinner served in your hotel on Day 2
- Dinner in a local restaurant on Day 6
- Light lunch – soup & sandwiches on Days 2, 3 & 4
- Travel touring coach on days 3,4, 5.
- Travel ticket on bus for transfer to/from Dublin airport
- Admissions to: Cliffs of Moher Caherconnell Farm (including sheep demonstration and Historic Ring Fort), Kylemore Abbey , Padraig Pearse Cottage
- Pre-Tour webinars with John Lynch and special guests.
- Rehearsal space and Concert Venue.
- Music sent in advance of tour.
- Meals other than those listed