At Kaleidoscope Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing groups with a seamless, worry-free process from the time the group books until the time the group arrives back home from their trip. While on tour, our professional tour directors are there every step of the way ensuring that the group has a successful trip. Our tour directors are fun, knowledgeable and experienced. They play a major role in providing the little things that make a BIG difference, paying particular attention to every detail with hands-on care. They add the personal touch that makes our tours unique and special.
Professional tour directors are a HUGE part of our success. We hire the finest professionals to coordinate every aspect of the tour and be the liaison for the group throughout the entire trip.
As a tour director, you will serve as a 24-hour a day travel guide, expert and concierge. While traveling, you will be responsible for making sure every detail planned in advance is executed flawlessly during the trip. You will also have the opportunity to work in a team environment, collaborating with the Kaleidoscope Adventures staff, hoteliers, motorcoach/van drivers, attractions staff, restaurants, etc. The goal is to wow the customer by means of providing excellent service every step of the way. No relationship is as important to our guests as the one created by the tour director.
Currently we are looking for professional tour directors that are fun, energetic and knowledgeable in the following destinations:
- Orlando, FL
- New York City, NY
- Washington DC
- Branson, MO
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Atlanta, GA
- Williamsburg, VA
- Virginia Beach, VA
- New Orleans, LA
Whether you are a recent graduate of the International Tour Management Institute or a retired educator with years of travel experience, we look forward to meeting and interviewing you. We carefully screen each potential tour director to ensure that he/she meets our high standards of excellence. Once hired, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Accompany various sized student tour groups through each segment of their tour while constantly offering exemplary customer service to every guest on the trip.
- Establish a professional team relationship with group directors/teachers, chaperones, students, drivers, hotels, guides, and other employees at each travel destination.
- Establish a professional team relationship with the Kaleidoscope Adventures staff.
- Complete all paperwork associated with your tour including daily reports, wake up calls, expense reports and accident reports (if needed).
- Inform and assist guests with any special needs and/or requests pertaining to hotel, dietary and mobility issues.
- Acquire a strong knowledge of the tour route to make personal recommendations throughout the tour.
- Expedite group itinerary by discussing the day’s activities with the group director to ensure knowledge of plans, meeting places, etc.
- Be available to guests at least 1 hour before departure and 1 hour after arrival each day to answer questions and provide direction. Tour directors should realize their services might be needed at other times and need to be available for emergencies 24-hours a day.
- Perform head counts before motorcoach departures.
- Must possess the ability to stay calm in difficult situations and have a positive attitude.
- Experience meaningful adventures with your group.
- Represent Kaleidoscope Adventures in a professional manner including appearance (company dress code), attitude and demeanor.
Tour Directing Requirements
Tour directing requirements include the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the U.S.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in a customer service or sales oriented position, preferably in the travel industry (a combination of professional certification and experience may be substituted).
- Must enjoy working with all types of people.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, customer service skills and public speaking experience.
- Will be required to perform any other duties as needed to ensure a successful completion of the tour.
- Must submit to a National Criminal Background Check no later than January 30th each year.
If you are interested in becoming a dedicated Kaleidoscope Adventures tour director, please send your resume and cover letter via email to Robin Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Attn: Robin Parker
7081 Grand National Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819