Thank you for your interest in joining the Kaleidoscope Adventures team! At this time, we are actively recruiting Tour Consultants for hire.
Events Development/Tour Consuultant
Reports to: Sales Team Leader
Date: August 21, 2017
The Events Development/Tour Consultant is responsible for creation and sales of unique dance, theatre, and music focused student event programs. S/he is also responsible for maintenance of retention dance clients and increasing new business through prospecting, qualifying and converting sales leads. S/he will support clients through the entire sales cycle from trip vision to contract, and collaborate with other business units including operations, marketing and accounting from contract to trip execution. Through phone sales, s/he will build rapport with opportunities and clients, form relationships and deliver reliable results which exemplify the company’s superior service level standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creates unique dance, theatre, and music student event programs through research and development, contract negotiations and effective pricing strategies
2. Develops and implements individual sales plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for retention and new dance client sales, event sales, and for any other territories as assigned by manager
3. Identifies client’s expectations and wishes regarding package inclusions, and creates trip proposals based on same
4. Achieves satisfactory profit margins and assigned sales territory market share as set forth by manager
5. Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners within assigned sales territory
6. Establishes and maintains a consistent company image throughout all client and vendor communication
7. Maintains up to date client database, complete with sales activity log regarding all client communication
8. Prepares periodic sales reports for assigned sales territory, showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
9. Reviews and analyzes own sales performances against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness
10. Directs product research, pricing and development for assigned key destinations
11. May represent company at conferences and conventions to promote product
1. Business Acumen
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Customer/Client Focus
5. Presentation Skills
6. Problem Solving/Analysis
7. Results Driven
8. Strategic Thinking
9. Technical Capacity
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work is necessary.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience. Three (3) years of related experience with progressive management experience. Prior experience in event development/management, fine arts/dance, and the travel industry is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please email us your resume.